Friday, February 8, 2013

When One Door Closes...

Following the notification that I was not the winner of the iRun blog contest, I was disappointed. I wanted to win so bad,I could taste it. It was almost as if winning would have validated my struggle to remain sober. The win would have meant people were reading and interested in what I had to say. I spent a short period of time feeling lost and unsure of which direction to go. I allowed myself time to grieve the loss of something that really mattered and then I let it go.

I shared my perspective because I thought I had something to contribute and because I love to write. During the journey, I found many people did care and were engaged by what I had to say, others were just hangin' around hoping I wouldn't fall off the wagon and just maybe there were a few rubberneckers waiting for a train wreck to happen. Whatever their motivation was to read, people returned post after post to check up on me.

I have spent the past month setting up this blog page, writing and running. This blog spot has sat empty until today because I didn't feel inspired to write. My inspiration has returned and it has not come in the form of a fancy cocktail. This inspiration has come from the people at the Canada Running Series, @RunCRS.

Earlier this week, I woke up to a twitter message from @JennaPettinato from CRS. It turns out that I was invited to be a #digitalchampion on behalf of CRS to help create excitement about the Toronto Yonge Street 10k, #TYS10k. It seems as though I have been taken by the shoulders and pointed in a direction.

My ability to craft words into thoughts that reflect how I see the world has opened a door for me, and it's not the automatic door at the Beer Store! It's a door to a world of running and writing and writing about running. This door is like door number one on Monty Hall's "Let's Make a Deal", only I will not be trading this door for what might be behind door number 2, not even if there was a lifetime supply of Alexander Keith's behind that door.

Follow me on twitter @christadavidson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stronger

Stronger